The akashic records (akasha being a Sanskrit word meaning "sky", "space" or "aether") are described as containing all knowledge of human experience and all experiences as well as the history of the Cosmos encoded or written in the very aether or fabric of all existence. The records or The Book of Life in the Bible (Psalm 69:28, Philippians 4:3, Revelation 3:5, 13:8, 17:8, 20:12, 20:15 and Revelation 21:27) are metaphorically on a non-physical plane described as a library; other analogies commonly found in discourse on the subject include a "universal supercomputer" and the "Mind of God". People who describe the records assert that they are constantly updated automatically, and that they can be accessed through ETHERIC projection or under deep hypnosis.
The concept was popularized in the theosophical, a 19th century occult Victorian orientalism movement founded by Madame H. P. Blavatsky, writer of several books. According to the doctrine, there is no end to all things. Merely a convergence or return to a light body of Consciousness. Various views are held according to study because this is not a religion. It is derived from Hindu philosophy of Samkhya as well as ancient Tibetan scrolls and Buddhist writings.
It is promulgated in the Samkhya philosophy that the Akashic records are automatically recorded in the elements of Akasha - one of the 5 types of elements visualized as existing in the elemental theory of Ancient India called Mahabhuta which is not a religious book but rather a collection of colorfully historical stories spanning millions of years from a period of prehistory and pregenesis (an esoteric biblical dogma) period of a long dead advanced civilization wiped out by war and other calamity.
In the Mahabharata, mention is made of Chitragupta (lit. "hidden picture"). He is the son of Brahma and a minister of Dharma and his duty is to examine a list of the good and evil actions of men (the Agrasamdhani) after their death. "Nothing is lost of either piety or sin that is committed by creatures. On days of the full moon and the new moon, those acts are conveyed to the Sun where they rest. When a mortal goes into the region of the dead, the deity of the Sun bears witness to all his acts. He that is righteous acquires the fruits of his righteousness there." (Mahabharata, Anusasana Parva, Section 130, Ganguli trans.)
The term "akashic records" is frequently used in New Age discourse. Refer also to Edgar Cayce wrote a book The Law of One, Book 1 referred to as The Hall of Records.
While reading a marvelous book The Field by Lynne McTaggart about evolution of ideas about the role of electromagnetic fields in Biology and neuroscience, I became aware of 2 questions which I had not yet answered.
Realization of memory representations in terms of braided flux tubes
The first question is how various representations (sensory - , memory -,...) - "Akashic records" - are realized as negentropically-entangled states?
Magnetic body should be the seat of memories in some sense.
1. I have already earlier proposed this kind of realization based on the observation that braiding in time direction generates space-like braiding. Dancers on the parquette with their feet connected to the wall by threads illustrates the idea. When dancers move at the parquetted, their world lines define a time-like braiding in 3-dimensional space-time assignable to the floor. Also the threads connecting the dancers to the wall get braided (or entangled) as one might also say.
There is clearly a duality between time-like and space-like braidings. The running topological quantum computer program coded by braiding in time direction is stored as spacelike braiding defining memory representation of what happened. Note that the same mechanism also realizes predictions and future plans as time-reversed topological quantum computer programs in ZEO. CDs in various scales contain this kind of programs and their memory representations.
2. I have also proposed that the geometric entanglement - braiding - of flux tubes defines a spacetime correlate for quantum entanglement. In the case of topological quantum computation, it would be naturally described by probabilities, which are rational numbers (or perhaps even algebraic numbers in some algebraic extension of p-adic numbers characterizing together value of the p-adic prime the evolutionary level of the system). Hence the notion of number theoretic negentropy makes sense and one obtains a connection with topological quantum computation.
3. The representation of memories in terms of space-like braiding of magnetic flux tubes connecting various systems would be universal and not restricted to DNA-cell membrane system in which the flux tubes would connect DNA nucleotides or codons (this seems to be the more plausible option) with the lipids. One could indeed speak about Akashic records.
4. The time reversals or these representations defined by the zero energy states of opposite arrow of the imbedding space time would define a representation for future predictions/plans in ZEO.
For instance, the development of a seed to a full-grown organism could be coded in this manner in time scale where CD has time scale of the order of the lifetime of the organism. Already Burr found evidence that the radiation field assignable to the seed has the same shape as the plant or animal (salamander in his experiments). This energy field would naturally correspond to the magnetic body containing dark photon Bose-Einstein condensates.
The Akashic records and their time reversal would naturally correspond to the morphic fields of Sheldrake. Memories and future plans in time scales longer than the duration of the life cycle for an individual member of species would be possible. Every scientist of course agrees that the societies are busily predicting and planning their futures but they find it very difficult to accept the idea that this could have some concrete quantum physical correlate.
How to construct and read Conscious Hologram
While reading the book of McTaggart, a second question also popped up. How the vision about brain as a conscious hologram is realized in the proposed conceptual framework?
The idea about Living system as a hologram has strong empirical basis. One of the most dramatic demonstrations of the hologram-like character of brain was the discovery of Pietch that a salamander's brain can be sliced to pieces and shuffled like a deck of cards and put together. When the resulting stuff is returned to the head of the salamander, it recovers!
This extreme robustness is very strong support for the non-local hologram like storage of biological information. Ironically, Pietch tried to demonstrate that the theory of Karl Pribram about the brain as a hologram is wrong!
The notion of conscious hologram is one of the key ideas of the TGD-inspired theory of Consciousness. Hitherto I have not been able, however, to find a really convincing concrete proposal for how brain could be a hologram in the TGD Universe. The reading of memory (and other representations by interaction-free measurement) however leads to a natural proposal for what the hologram might be.
1. Certainly the formation of the hologram must closely relate to the vision about universal Akashic records realized in terms of braided flux tubes and their non-destructive reading by interaction free measurement. Oversimplifying, for a given bit of the representation the photons scattered without interaction would kick either of the two detectors C and D associated with it to an excited state (see Elitzur-Vaidman bomb tester). This process is very much like absorption of photons by a photosensitive plate defining an ordinary hologram.
2. The lipids of the cell membrane are good candidates as something in 1-to-1 correspondence with the basic units of this hologram (note the analogy with computer screen - also a liquid crystal!). If one irradiates the laser-like system formed by the detectors not only by the radiation scattered from the quantum Akashic records but by its superposition with the reference wave of same frequency, one obtains a good candidate for a hologram. It would be defined by the excited quantum state consisting of laser systems analogous to the detectors C and D. Any piece of the system should give and approximate representation of the memory and robustness of the representation is achieved.
3. In semi-Classical treatment, the probability that a given laser-like detector is excited must be proportional to the modulus squared of the net field amplitude, which is a superposition of reference wave and scattered wave. Also just as in the case of ordinary holograms, the irradiation of the laser-like system by the negative energy counterpart of the reference wave (its phase conjugate emitted in a state resulting in state function reduction to the opposite boundary of CD) effectively generates the conjugate of the scattered wave since only those parts of the system can return to the ground state with considerable probability for which the probability to go to excited state is high enough.
Note that this implies that magnetic body contains geometric representations of the perceptive field as indeed assumed. This is not, however, quite the classical hologram. Rather, the total number of absorbed negative energy phase conjugate photons for given pixel defines the "real" picture. A given point of the hologram corresponds to an ensemble of laser like detectors so that a statistically deterministic response is obtained as an ensemble average.
How to realize this concretely
1. I have proposed that the lipids of cell membrane could serve as pixels of sensory representations. They could indeed serve as the pixels of conscious hologram. Each pixel should contain large number of laser-like "detectors" so that statistical determinism would be achieved.
2. There should be pair C and D of detectors such that either of them absorbs photon in an interaction free measurement so that a value of bit is defined. Universality serves as a strong constraint as one tries to guess what C and D could be.
a. The lipids at the two lipid layers of cell membrane could be in 1-to-1 correspondence with C and D. This option is, however, not universal.
b. It is however quite possible that the magnetic fields involved are what I have called "wormhole magnetic fields" which carry monopole flux and involve 2 space-time sheets carrying opposite net fluxes. As a matter of fact, all elementary particles correspond to flux quanta of wormhole magnetic fields. In this case, the 2 sheets would naturally correspond to detectors C and D and in the simplest situation they would have same Minkowski space projection. Universality of both detectors and holograms is achieved.
3. The cyclotron Bose-Einstein condensates for charged particles at magnetic flux tubes assignable to lipids are good candidates for the laser-like systems if they contain cyclotron Bose-Einstein condensates. There are however several options since the magnetic flux tubes are closed and there are several manners to realize this.
a. DNA as a Topological Quantum Computer (TQC) vision and the view about cell membrane as a sensory receptor communicating data to the magnetic body in turn sending control signals via DNA suggest the following.
Magnetic flux loops have a part connecting DNA with nuclear or cell membrane (this would be the analog for the dipole of the dipole magnetic field) and part which is long - even with a size scale of the Earth and corresponds to the magnetic field created by the DNA-cell membrane system. This picture applies both to the flux tubes of ordinary magnetic field and to the flux tubes of the wormhole magnetic field.
b. An assumption in accordance with the general role of magnetic body is that Akashic records reside at the short portions of flux tubes connecting lipids with DNA codons. Their braiding would define basic example about universal representations in Living matter. The laser-like detectors would reside at the long portions of the flux tubes connecting cell membrane and DNA. If wormhole magnetic fields are in question, the detectors C and D could correspond to the two parallel flux tubes carrying opposite monopole fluxes.
c. Universality suggests that this picture allows many alternative realizations. In principle, the relative motion of any system (partonic 2-surfaces with light-like orbits) connected by flux tubes could give rise to Akashic records.
The lipids of axonal membrane are excellent candidates for the pixels and the flux tubes connecting the lipids to microtubuli would also define Akashic records with long parts of the flux tubes serving as the laser-like system. The maximization of the memory capacity would also explain why the neural pathways to brain tend to maximize their lengths by connecting right side of the body to left hemisphere and vice versa.
4. What remains still open is how to integrate the Josephson junctions defined by the lipid layers of the cell membrane to this picture.
For details, see the new chapter "Comparison of TGD-inspired Theory of Consciousness with Some Other Theories of Consciousness" or the article with the same title.
Suppose that one takes TGD seriously (for a moment at least;-). And also the TGD-inspired theory of Consciousness as a generalization of quantum measurement theory. Also number theoretical universality leading to the notion of number theoretical entanglement entropy defined in terms of p-adic norm and well defined for algebraic entanglement probabilities. If so, the negentropy maximisation principle (NMP) dictates the dynamics with respect to Subjective-Time (and implies for ordinary entanglement entropy second law at ensemble level). Suppose we even swallow the notion of Zero Energy Ontology (ZEO).
Having accepted all this, one encounters 3 different notions of Time! Subjective-Time having quantum jump as chronon; imbedding space time whose arrow alternates since state function reductions take place to the boundary of given CD (causal diamond) and the resulting zero energy states have opposite arrow of imbedding space time (laser beam and its phase conjugate being basic examples); and the Einsteinian time of 4-D space-time surface: if this time is taken to be entropy (assuming that the Second Law holds true), one obtains constant time arrow naturally by analogy of sequence of "quantum average" space-time surface with a towel folded in the time direction.
How does this picture relate to what has been observed? The new notion is syntropy as entropy but with non-standard direction of imbedding space Geometric-Time. Syntropy and entropy are both key factors in Living matter as Italian theoretical physicists Fantappie realized long time ago. Phase conjugate laser wave would be standard example about non-standard direction of Geometric-Ttime and the Second Law indeed applies to it in non-standard time direction. The sensory perception-motor action cycle would be much more general than Neuroscience would suggest. It would correspond to the sequences of subsequence state functions to opposite boundaries of CDs and appear in all scales. The Universe would be living and breathing!
Thanks for your first link was about the notion of the soul. I have considered what the "soul" might correspond physically/geometrically a long time ago but don't even remember my point now.
In any case, the notion of soul/self has been source of worries. For the last years, I identified it with quantum jump in conflict with the basic intuition that soul and self should be something that remains invariant in quantum jump sequence.
A more modest approach follows Eastern philosophies and gives up the notion of self and soul altogether and assumes only self model - "soul" - as something approximately invariant under quantum jump sequence.
Negentropic entanglement (NE) -- whose change (not NE itself as I assumed for years again erratically) gives rise to experience of understanding -- is the key notion. Finnish consciousness scientist Revonsuo demonstrated experimentally that 40 Hz thalamocortical resonance is associated with emergence of understanding and therefore in TGD context would accompany the generation of NE and addition of something to Akashic records.
NE tends to be stable under the dynamics defined by NMP so that self model (soul in this modest sense) can be identified with particular Akashic record. These records make it possible to speak about conscious entity, state of consciousness, etc. Interaction free measurement allows us to get conscious information about the "soul". All things have "soul" and it has braiding of flux tubes between parts of system as geometric correlate. This "soul" is not stable and eternal but it is there.
When we are trafficking around in our cities, we are generating extremely complex braiding patterns giving rise to Akaschic records. Everything has indeed deep meaning and there is careful book keeping about all our secret sins;-)!
Some critical questions relating to Maya and Akashic records by Dr. Matti Pitkänen / May 19, 2013
The discovery of representations as negentropically-entangled states defining approximate invariants under quantum jump sequence and defining "Akashic records" and the idea about reading these representations using interaction free measurements have meant a dramatic progress in the understanding of the TGD-inspired theory of Conscioiusness progress.
There are 2 basic objections against quantum theories of Consciousness. How it is possible to have conscious information about invariant under quantum jumps if only change is experienced continuously? The outcome of state function reduction in standard Quantum Theory is random. How can one understand freedom of choice and intentional behavior in terms of state function reduction? NMP and possibility of negentropic entanglement imply that TGD-based quantum theory is not equivalent with the Standard one and this allows us to circumvent the objections.
There are however 2 further questions which I cannot answer yet. Can one really assume that the notion of interaction-free measurement continues to make sense in TGD framework? Could NMP allow to make this notion exact or make it impossible? Are the invariants or at least their existence experienced directly without interaction-free measurement?
The experiments carried out to test whether 40 Hz thalamocortical resonance is correlate for conscious experience suggests that the resonance is present only when a new pattern is discovered and not when it has become a memory. The TGD-inspired interpretation would be that the resonances accompanies negentropy gain and quantum jump is necessary for conscious experience.
However, the reports about higher states of Consciousness (and also my own personal experiences) suggest that the invariants can be experienced directly when all thoughts (interaction-free measurements) are eliminated. This experience cannot, however, be communicated. One understands does not know what one understands. Therefore also the original vision that negentropic entanglement corresponds to conscious experience (experience of pure understanding, which is not communicable) and in apparent contradiction with the basic hypothesis about quantum jump, would be correct after all!